Monday, February 17, 2014

Note to self: Luck might just be an illusion.

"Luck of the Irish" , "Lucky Streak" , "Lucky Duck" , "Lucky Stars" , and my favorite "Lucky Son of a Gun" I've never really quite considered myself "lucky"...per say. Blessed most definitely. I've been blessed with a lot but lucky I've always thought of a little differently. I'm sure if I really sat down and thought about it I'd have a few stories people might say were "Lucky" but, those stories like the near death sorta stuff, I'd say it was God's hand in on it, in one way or another. My best friend has this thing against the word "Lucky", which I never understood her despise of the word although, I think I am starting to realized I really truly do not have any luck. what so ever. I've never had luck because I've always had.. and have.. God... or maybe it's all one in the same...hm..I'm not sure... just kinda wingin it like I am learning to do with other parts of life but, either way, there's no such thing as luck I guess... there's only reason... a reason for everything... a lesson or a blessin... from The Big Guy.
I'll still use the word outta habit I'm sure but, I think I'm starting to get it... this whole "being lucky thing"...people also say make your own luck which is not only slightly annoying to hear but has always translated in my head as "work your ass off" which I do and will continue to do..that's probably why it's slightly annoying to hear people suggesting you to do something you're already doing...eh
I need to sleep.

Note to self: I have something better than luck. I have God.
                    Keep on keepin on and keep praying and talkin to Him and trying your best to live for Him.
...Done n out.

No comments:

Post a Comment