Sunday, February 9, 2014

Note to self: Hopelessly Hopeful

I can't fix every thing that's broken or hurt.
I can't take home every stray pet I find.
I can't be everyone's friend (I go nuts just trying to be the best friend I can be to the ones already in my life).
I can't change a lot of things if the time aint right.
I sure as hell already know I can't change people, but that never stops me from trying to help them and be there for them...which I've come to realize only hurts me in the end. (it's always good to remind myself of this more often than not, people DO NOT change and if they do it has to be on their own time because they want to and because of the right reasons).
I can't solve every single problem.
I can't turn back time.
I can't be perfect.
I can't always keep the peace.
I can't live up to peoples standards of who they think I should be. I'm gunna be who I am.
I can't take back the stupid shit that likes to come from my mouth.
I can't stop hoping...it's tiring but I'm hopelessly hopeful.
I can't stop caring about everyone in my life and everyone I meet.
I can't hide my love of art and nature.
I can't stop loving and hating life. (Peaks and Valleys...chock full of peaks and valleys)
I can't stop looking for good in people and this world.
I can't stop learning. (I don't change... I just learn new things)
I can't stop moving, not that I'm fidgety, but always move forward, turning the next page until I hit the next chapter. I put my metaphorical life car in drive, rip off the rear view mirror, and never look back but never forget where I've been. Keep it in drive. Never reverse. I wont get anywhere near my future potential if I go backwards.
I can't focus right now... and write my 10page paper but I can write a blog post...
There's a lot I can't do, but I can't stop being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment